- Before filling up the Online Recruitment Application (ORA), the candidates must go through the detailed Advertisement. Please proceed to fill the online application only if you are satisfied that you possess the minimum Essential Qualifications stipulated for the post in the detailed advertisement. Otherwise, submitted application(s) shall be outrightly rejected
- The Cantonment Board, Barrackpore is an autonomous / statutory local body under the Ministry of Defence, Government of India and employees of the Board are governed by CFSR, 1937.
- Age shall be counted from the prescribed last date of receipt of application. Relaxation in upper age limit: 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC & 10 years for PH. Age relaxation to ex-servicemen is as per rules. Only valid proof of age i.e. Birth Certificate issued by a Competent Authority or school leaving certificate of Class 10th will be accepted.
- Application should be complete in all respects. Signature & Photograph (as per the details mentioned on online portal cbbarrackpore.org/recruitment) of candidates should be scanned and uploaded alongwith the application. Incomplete applications in any respect shall be rejected.
- The candidate must be a Citizen of India.
- Qualification acquired by the candidates should be strictly in accordance with the prescribed qualifications and candidate should not seek claim equivalent of their qualification with that of the prescribed qualification.
- No request for change of any entries or part, originally indicated in the application form shall be entertained.
- The candidate shall be held responsible for correctness of all information given by him/her and in case of any information/documents found to be incorrect at a later stage; action shall be taken against the candidate including dismissal from service.
- All the Service rule applicable to Cantt. Fund Servants under the provisions of Cantt. Fund Servant Rules 1937 as amended from time to time and Govt. instructions issued from time to time shall apply.
- The above posts are on permanent basis and probation period will be as per rules. The above vacancies are tentative in nature and are subject to change.
- No correspondence in regard of appointment will be entertained.
- Scheme of Recruitment Test:
Recruitment test shall consist of following 2 stages:-
- Written Test
- Skill/Typing Test
Written Test: - Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions)
There will be negative marking for wrong answer marked by a candidate .
Skill/Typing Test:- Top 50 applicants based on performance in written test category wise shall be called for Skill/Typing Test. Skill/Typing Test shall be only of qualifying nature i.e. marks obtained in Skill/Typing Test shall not be added in final merit list.
Candidates would have to type a write-up in a given time period.
Minimum typing speed: English - 30 wpm.
- Syllabus for Recruitment Tests can be seen from Cantonment Board Website cbbarrackpore.org in due course of time.
- Intimation for test shall be sent separately to all eligible candidates. Admit cards can be downloaded by eligible candidates from Cantonment Board Website cbbarrackpore.org in due course of time.
- No representation on any grounds for non-appearance for the test, etc. by the candidates will be entertained and his /her candidatures will not be considered in such an eventuality.
- Persons already employed should send applications through proper channel and have to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their present employer at the time of submission of documents.
- The candidate should not have been convicted by any Court of Law.
- Incomplete application shall be summarily rejected.
- Candidate has to pay fixed fee of Rs.250/- plus transaction charges levied by the bank. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Physically Handicapped are exempted from payment of fees. Fee payment should be made only through internet banking/credit card/debit card during the application process. Any other mode shall not be accepted. Non-payment of fees from non-exempted candidates would render their application summarily rejected.
- TA/DA will not be admissible for attending the test as the case may be.
- Candidates should note that the Cantonment Board, Barrackpore will in no case be responsible for non-receipt of their applications or any delay in its receipt or any account whatsoever.
- The Cantonment Board / Chief Executive Officer reserves the right to annul recruitment process in full or part without assigning any reason whatsoever.
- The Chief Executive Officer, Cantonment Board, Barrackpore is authorized to accept or reject any/all applications at any time without assigning any reason thereof.
- Decision of the Appointing Authority would be final, with regard to all matters connected with the recruitment.
- Age relaxation will be admissible to the Departmental Candidates of the Cantonment Board, Barrackpore as per rules.
- After written examination, the successful candidates will be called for verification of documents: original copies of qualification, experience and caste certificate including proof of age as filled in online application form. In case any candidate remains absent from document verification OR in case of the incomplete submission of documents the candidature shall be treated as cancelled and the next candidate in merit list will be considered.
- Any other information in this regard may be obtained from the Office of the Cantonment Board, Barrackpore on any working days during office hours.
- Candidates may apply online on cbbarrackpore.org/recruitment.
- Applicants are advised to visit official website of Cantonment Board, Barrackpore i.e. cbbarrackpore.org and cbbarrackpore.org/recruitment regularly for any update.